Friday, September 7, 2012

Good Report!

So, it has been a little while since I posted on here. Things have been pretty busy! Last Monday I had a follow up appointment with my doctor. It has been a month since he changed my medicine. Well, when I got to the doctor and they weighed me, their scale read that I lost 9 pounds since I saw him on August 1st! I was pretty surprised and very happy! According to my home scale I was only down about 8 pounds. Dr. M said he was very happy with the progress I am making and to keep up the good work. I have to get blood work in October, but other than that he does not need to see me for 6 months! Unless I feel like something has changed and I need to see him. After having monthly doctors appointments for the last several months, this was great news!
That visit was just the motivation I needed! Not, that I wasn't motivated to begin with, but that certainly keeps it going! :)
I am still working out pretty regularly. For the past month I have been averaging 2 to 3 times a week. I am hoping to improve that to 3 to 4 days in the next month or so. I really like the Walk at Home DVD, I feel like I am really getting a good cardio workout. The Walk Away the Pounds DVD is good too, but I would say it is not nearly as intense as the other. So, I have not been using that one as much. Only on days where I am not feeling too well, but I want to get in some sort of exercise. I am hoping that with the fall coming on, I can go out to Cranes Roost on a more regular basis. I have always loved putting in laps over there. There is also a trail nearby that I would like to visit a little more often. Between the extreme heat and the afternoon showers, it has just not worked out.
I am still making good food choices and have totally cut out soda! I would say it has been at least 6 weeks since I last had one. Water or unsweet tea with Stevia is what I drink now. Also, I am having more fruit. I have settled into a pretty good routine. If I am out and about and the good choices are harder to come by, I just watch my portion sizes and that seems to be working. I still will indulge in a dessert every now and then. However, my sugar and carb cravings are much more controlled. It is like night and day how I feel now and how I felt a few months ago!
Last weekend we went to Alabama to see my Granny and my brother and his family. I planned ahead with healthy snacks and plenty of bottled water for our drive up. I did indulge in a McDonald's iced coffee, they are so good! When we got to Alabama, I told Carlos that I was not going to go crazy, but I would not deprive myself of some good home cooking. We went out to eat mostly while we were there. I paid attention to portion sizes. Fried catfish, okra, hush puppies. It was delicious! Haha! I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with my family! Sunday we went up on Cheaha Mountain and did a lot of walking and then hiked to the water falls. During the hike as difficult as it was, I know that the past month of workouts helped. Months ago, a day like that would have left me couch ridden for a few days after. I felt tired but energized after it was all over. It was a great workout! 
My little nephew Leland is growing like a weed and has so much to say! I also enjoy sitting and spending time with my Granny. I miss them terribly, but will go back for a visit as soon as I can.
This morning I did my traditional Friday weigh in and it looks like I gained about a pound on our trip. This is not a devastating thing, I was enjoying myself with family. If the cost of that is a pound, well then bring it on! Lol! Time to get back to my routine after a long weekend and a short work week. I am more motivated than ever and plan to keep chipping away at the number on the scale! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment