Saturday, September 15, 2012

A 'ME' day with a side of discouragement...

Overall it was a good week. When I weighed myself on Friday, I had lost the pound I gained in Alabama plus a little more. So, I am at least now below what I weighed before the labor day holiday. This was encouraging.
So, I decided this Friday was going to be abut me.  I was way overdue to get my hair cut and my highlights touched up. I was actually due for a hair cut and such back in early July. I usually go every 8 weeks, so it was time. It was great catching up with her and as always she did an excellent job! After that appointment I went to go get a manicure. My friend Sharla gets Shellac and I always think her nails look fantastic. So, I asked for the number of her manicurist and made an appointment. My nails look great! She did a really good job and I will be sure to make her my regular person!
After all of that, I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to stop off at the mall on my way home. My wardrobe has felt pretty thin since I gained so much weight this year. Pants, etc. are at a minimum and shirts are hit or miss. I honestly feel like I rotate the same like 6 or 8 items every weekend. Work is not a big deal. I wear kakis and a work polo...I decided that a while ago to simplify things.
So, while I was perusing the racks I just didn't see anything that appealed to me. Is is just me or are all of the jeans these days 'skinny' or 'slim fit'? I have no interest in skinny jeans...at all. Not even when I was at my best weight would they have appealed to me. They look cute on the skinny people...except MEN.... However, I have big calves, so right there, it looks really odd. I swear 97% of what I saw was a skinny fit. I found a few boot cut. I even tried on a pair that I think fit pretty good. I wasn't 100% sold on them and since I was out shopping by myself, I didn't have anyone to give an opinion. So, I left them.
Shirts are usually not as difficult. I went to two stores that I frequent and picked up a new shirt. Even t-shirts are starting to have 'slim' and 'skinny' cuts....WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT!? I feel like that is really code for 'little to no chest fit'. Again even at my best weight, I still have a chest and that does not work too well with 'slim' and 'skinny' cut. It has been a while since I went shopping, but I have to say, I am a bit disappointed in the world, has fashion really changed that dramatically? Maybe it just wasn't my shopping day. Maybe this is why I buy so many pairs of shoes?
So, this afternoon I tried on the new shirts I bought. They did not fit..in the slightest. Not even in the, 'I am almost there, I will keep it and fit into it' kind of way. So, needless to say, I had a pretty decent meltdown. Tears, anger, all major emotions made an appearance. Maybe it is just the cuts of the shirts. I really don't know. I do know I will be returning them tomorrow. I am trying not to get myself down about it, I know everyone goes through stuff like this. I know some of my clothes are looser, I am not imagining that. I just feel a little lost about it.
I wasn't sure I wanted to write about this and put it out there for the whole world to see. However, if I pick and choose what I want to share about my journey, then that sort of defeats the purpose of starting this blog. So, I would say in a sea of positivity so far, this has been a pretty big negative. I will keep going. I will keep my head up no matter how much I don't want to. However, I am currently soliciting recommendations for new places to shop. I see people of all shapes and sizes wearing cute stuff all the time. Where are they finding it? Where is this magical store? Please, spill the secret! Until next time. <3

4 comments:

  1. Hugs!! I feel your pain. I hate going shopping for clothes (or even worse bathing suits) for this reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer up, it will get better, I promise! I have 6 garbage bags full of lots of clothing that you may able to use. Lot's of work stuff as well as fun stuff. Let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I appreciate the support! Christina, we need to get together! I would love to comb through some of your things. I did end find a new pair of jeans at Old Navy yesterday for $8.00! They fit and were on sale! :) Check out Old Navy if you are a fan, they are having a big clearance sale! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Evy, Don't get me started on bathing suits. Lol!

    ReplyDelete