Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Farmers Market!

I have been buying more and more vegetables for the last few months..not a bad thing. However, I felt like I was spending more and more at the grocery store for fresh veggies. Veggies, that don't even look that fantastic either. The really good looking ones are usually organic and overpriced as well. So, the last few weeks I had been planning on hitting up the Farmers Market on a Saturday. Between being pretty busy with other things and then having a cancel a trip there because I was sick last weekend, I finally got to go! :)
A friend of mine and I went to the Winter Park Farmers Market yesterday morning. It was pretty busy out there, as usual and there were lots of good looking veggies to choose from at a fraction of the grocery store prices! I paid $8.00 total for the items pictured below. I love squash and cook it at least once a week. The squash from the market is perfect! Much better than what I have been buying. I also tried a few new things. I bought some Mango and Plums...also, orange Tomatoes, they are lower in acid according to the guy at the stand where I bought them. Either way, I am pretty excited to eat all of this and I hope that I can start going to the Farmers Market on a regular basis!

1 comment: